For Zip Code ? Change
Republic Bank's Positive Pay is an account reconciliation service designed to help you minimize check fraud.
Why Use Positive Pay?
- The increased use of the Internet makes it easier for criminals to steal account numbers, while today's sophisticated image technology makes it easier for criminals to copy and create fraudulent checks that can potentially become your liability.
- Avoid both the hassles of investigations regarding check fraud and delays in getting credit for disputed items by handling these checks up front.
How It Works:
- Your company transmits a file to Republic Bank with information regarding the check number, check amount, and the date issued for each check created.
- We immediately update our records and compare this information against each check presented to us for payment.
- We notify you early in the day of any checks presented that are not contained in your file. You make the decision on whether to pay the item or return it. Our image technology gives you the ability to view actual check images of exception items via the Internet. This is beneficial for verifying the dollar amount, payee information, and check signatures.
- Our banking center staff also has access to this information and will verify checks presented against this file; checks not on file will not be cashed.
- Monthly, can we provide you with a comprehensive report of paid, outstanding, and exception items. This report can be electronically sent to you to further improve your reconciliation process (additional reconciliation fee may apply).
Need more information? Contact one of our Treasury Management Specialists at 1-866-534-2341.