For Zip ? (Change)
At Republic Bank, your security is important to us. That’s why we have partnered with the security experts at IBM to offer Trusteer Rapport - online fraud protection software, customized to help protect users of Republic Bank Internet Banking – at no cost to you.
Trusteer Rapport currently does not support Windows 10. It is expected that Windows 10 will be supported by the end of August 2015. For a complete list of Trusteer Rapport supported browsers and operating systems, visit www.trusteer.com/support/supported-platforms
Rapport is completely free for our Personal and Business Internet Banking clients! Republic Bank covers all costs associated with the development, maintenance and support of Rapport.
What is Rapport?
Trusteer Rapport is free online fraud and identity theft protection software that helps protect your User ID, password, and other information from fraudsters. It also helps prevent malware and fraudulent websites from stealing this sensitive information.
How it Works
When you connect to the Republic Bank website, Rapport does 3 main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you:
- Rapport verifies that you are really connected to the bank’s genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals. Although this sounds trivial, it’s not obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type your bank’s address into your web browser
- Once verification is complete, Rapport locks down communication between your computer and the bank’s website. This helps prevent criminals from hijacking your online connection with the bank
- Rapport helps protect your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safer communication with Republic Bank, which helps prevent criminals from using malware to steal your log-in data and tamper with transactions
Rapport takes several additional steps in the background to further improve security. If you are interested in reading about them, please click here.
Benefits & Features
- Helps protect you from Malware, Phishing, Pharming, Session Hi-jacking, and Keylogging.
- Works in conjunction with your existing anti-virus software and firewall to provide an extra layer of protection.
- Rapport can also be used to help protect other sites where you use financial information, such as online shopping sites like eBay and Amazon.
- Works with the major browsers. Click here for detailed information on supported browsers and recommended hardware.
- Does not interfere with your computers normal processes; runs quietly in the background.
- No special connection or maintenance required. As future updates become available, they are pushed to Trusteer Rapport automatically at no charge.
Easy to Use
Once installed, a small Rapport icon will appear next to your browser’s address bar. The icon is green when you are on a website protected by Rapport, and grey when you are on a website that is not protected by Rapport.
Protected website the icon is green:
Unprotected website the icon is gray:
To help protect a website, click on the Trusteer Rapport icon (if gray) and click "Protect this Website." The Trusteer Rapport icon will turn green to let you know it is now helping to protect the website.
Support When You Need It Most
Trusteer operates a 24x7 support center, which you can contact via email, chat, or phone. For contact details, visit http://www.trusteer.com/support
Have More Questions?
Click here to view FAQ.
DISCLAIMER: You understand that no software solution can eliminate your exposure to computer fraud or computer viruses or prevent all unauthorized transactions. Your use of Trusteer Rapport Software is in addition to, and shall not be deemed a replacement for, your own comprehensive security procedures, fraud prevention practices and other safeguards. By downloading and installing Trusteer Rapport Software, you agree with all terms and conditions associated with Trusteer Rapport Software.
Trusteer Rapport Software is provided by and proprietary to Trusteer, Inc. Bank does not guarantee, warrant, or make any representations regarding the performance, availability, content, services, operation or effectiveness of the Trusteer Rapport Software. Trusteer, Inc. is solely responsible for customer service support, performance and maintenance of the Trusteer Rapport Software. Bank shall be held harmless from any liability or damages or any other costs due to any losses, including lost profits, you may incur as a result of, in connection with, or related to your use of Trusteer Rapport Software. Your use of Bank’s online banking services remains subject to your agreement with Bank regarding such use in all respects.