For Zip ? (Change)
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) FAQ
Q What is a DDoS attack?
A A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is one in which a massive amount of compromised systems attack a single target, causing denial of service for users of the targeted system. Basically, DDoS attacks are network traffic jams that temporarily block access to targeted websites. The attacker sends enormous amounts of network traffic to an online service, such as a website, in hopes of overwhelming the servers to the point where users can no longer access it.
A DDoS attack does not compromise client data, the intent is to disrupt internet service. If Republic Bank’s Internet Service Provider (ISP) detects a DDoS attack, it will disable republicbank.com, and make the website temporarily unavailable. This will protect client data, but access to republicbank.com will be disrupted.
Q How does a DDoS attack affect service for clients?
A In the event of a DDoS attack, we will work tirelessly to limit website downtime as much as possible, but service to republicbank.com and internet banking could be interrupted.
Q How will Republic Bank communicate with clients in the event that the website is down?
A Republic Bank maintains alternate communication channels to keep our clients informed if our site is unavailable.
- Client Service – Client service representatives are available by e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by phone at (502) 540-5363 or 1 (888) 540-5363 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. (EST).
- Facebook - Like our Facebook fan page at facebook.com/republicbank for updates.
- Twitter – Follow us at @RepublicBank to get real-time updates.
Q Are there other ways to access my account when the website is down?
- Mobile Apps – Download the Republic Bank mobile app, which is available for both iPhone, iPad, Android, or Kindle Fire, and get access to account history, account balances, ATM/Banking Center Locator, and Mobile deposit.
- Text Banking – Activate text banking by logging into your internet banking account and clicking on Mobile Banking and Alerts.
Q Is my account information at risk?
A In the event of an attack, we will work diligently to ensure that there is no compromise in data security and restore website and internet banking operations. We work vigorously with federal and state agencies and adhere to IT security best practices to protect your account information. Our website is designed to withstand the threat of hackers and cyber attacks.
Q What is Republic Bank doing to prevent DDoS attacks?
A At Republic Bank, we take the threat of DDoS attacks very seriously. Our inimitable goal in the event of a DDoS attack is to limit service interruptions and protect client data. While DDoS attacks can’t be 100% preventable, Republic Bank is working determinedly to deploy effective security measures to protect customer data.